• Saint Maud

    Saint Maud

    ★★★½

    I rarely say this, but this was too short. I didn't feel very invested in Maud because we don't get to see her before she was in crisis. I felt very attached to Amanda though, because we were given a pretty good idea of how glamorous & powerful she was before she became ill. I could put myself in her shoes and understand why she was so frustrated and bitter about slowly watching herself slip away. What aspects of Maud's personality…

  • The World to Come

    The World to Come

    ★★★

    1800s lesbians ASMR

  • Jack Reacher

    Jack Reacher

    ★★★

    This is almost a really fun action movie/legal thriller hybrid but it leans way too hard into the legal thriller & family drama aspects of the plot. The damn near non existent score, slow pacing, and cinematography are better suited for a John Grisham film. The hand to combat scenes are pretty boring because Reacher is primarily fighting unskilled drug dealer flunkies. The only fight scene that stood out to me was the Three Stooges homage in the meth house.

    There…

  • Jennifer Eight

    Jennifer Eight

    ★★

    So boring

  • Weekend at Bernie's

    Weekend at Bernie's

    ★★★

    Too much plot, not enough corpse puppetry.

  • Fear Street: 1666

    Fear Street: 1666

    ★★★½

    This one was a lot of fun but the whole thing would've made more sense as a tv show.

  • Fear Street: 1978

    Fear Street: 1978

    ★★½

    This got off to a really slow start. The needle drops in this one didn't even match the scenes they were used in. I really enjoyed the main three girls. Ziggy & Nick were adorable.

  • Band Aid

    Band Aid

    ★★★

    Love the concept and I really enjoy Zoe Lister Jones but, what are the redeeming qualities of Adam Pally's character? Like, give me something to root for sis! What does this scraggly, selfish man who draws like a first grader add to her life?! There's also a bunch of Men are from Mars Women are from Venus moments that feminists with low self esteem use to minimize their emotionally abusive male partner's shitty behavior all throughout the movie.

  • The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot

    The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot

    ★★½

    I was in the mood to watch a campy cryptid movie and it turned out that 90% of this movie is about PTSD related ennui & the other 10% is about Killing Hitler/Bigfoot hunting.

  • Jade

    Jade

    ★★★½

    This was so much fun to watch but, I wish it would have gone deeper into why Trina was so deeply dissatisfied with performing an submissive role in her marriage.

  • Sweet Virginia

    Sweet Virginia

    ★★★★

    I wasn't expecting to enjoy this so much. I really liked that it was a slow burn & that it's very stylish without being flashy. I appreciated how casual it was about Sam's disability instead of getting all schmaltzy about it. Sam's nurturing energy, humility, and the fact that his love intrest is a grown ass woman was really refreshing and sexy. Chris Abbot made my skin crawl. My only complaint is that Bernadette could've been a bit more fleshed out.

  • Fear Street: 1994

    Fear Street: 1994

    ★★★½

    The constant needle drops were a bit much but this was fun.