julia ducournau's deranged mind of a visionary takes an idea of hunger for flesh on a whole new level of fucked up that can remind you of cronenberg's crush, tetsuo: the iron man but for me mostly of miike's gozu. both have characters who in the beginning are being seen as men, but later in a movie we see them as women while criticizing hyper-masculinity in yakuza (gozu) or fire department (titane). for obvious reasons gozu has more disturbing and…
List of things I learned from this movie:
1) Harmony Korine is really great in his own exploitative and nihilistic way.
2) How to steal.
3) How to roll a joint.
4) All bros are nasty fucking homophobes.
5) Heteros are over the top gross and disgusting.
6) I love movies that take place in 24 hours or less.
7) Unprotected sex is really really bad.
Well, I guess Harmony Korine taught me something, I LOVE EDUCATIONAL CINEMA!