Jay Wood’s review published on Letterboxd:
Kissing Booth Marathon
This is sponsored by cans of Mercury Hard Cider- drink responsibility.
- ‘I bet you are wondering what happened since then’ cough up- you lost the bet.
- The opening montage again. This is even worse. And wait they were a year below Noah- but they were in the same class in the last film?
- The skirt is ridiculously short. No school would allow that. Nah these skirts aren’t real. This is film land again.
- Wait is this a new school? Why is it different?
- No staff member would ever tell the whole class that dad called and it was urgent.
- Many piercings in face girl returns- so she was 15 when she got all those piercings? How?
- Even if she was actually watching that video and accidentally speaking into the mic - she wouldn’t have said all that.
- Marco storyline is just to have a non white person have lines- they are literally too perfect to be a real character. Why does Elle like her? Because he is hot?
- The dance dance game would not still be there after all these years- I’m very annoyed by this plot contrivance.
- This soundtrack jumps from new songs and like old 50’s- PICK A LANE
- To paraphrase a simpsons quote, there’s very little Booth in these kissing Booths.
- Marco leaves the plot for long enough that when he comes back I forgot he was in it.
- I would hate to go to school with Elle- she’s the most annoying person ever. Everything is about her. Probably why she only has one friend.
- This halloween party is bullshit.
- The gay love side plot is the most dumb and pointless part of a film in some time.
- This has no business being this long.
- And now they are at a dance contest? Why?
- WAS THIS WRITTEN BY THE SET PIECE?
- Elle is a bitch and she never ever has to own up to it.
- The soundtrack uses the same song twice in the same movie - but not in any thematic way. Just lazily.
- So wait, the movie wraps up the same way the last one did? Nothing changed?