This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
harrison renshaw’s review published on Letterboxd:
This review may contain spoilers.
feels like this could’ve been something special but it just…wasn’t.
- love the 30 min title card drop
- i wish those first 30 min didn’t have anything remotely creepy at all (like the guy in the alleyway), like it seemed like a 100% romcom or something, and THEN turns into what it really is. that would’ve been cool as hell
- i don’t think this works when you don’t buy into sebastian stan being a demented, sicko villain of a character. he just kinda seemed like some guy. maybe that was what they were going for? idk
- there were a few cool shots! like steve coming out of the house, into the field to chase the girls. then noah against a tree and steve in the background
- sebastian stan just looked like older joe goldberg
- some absolutely horrific “why didn’t the characters just do ____” moments in the final act