Kevin’s review published on Letterboxd:
7 things I love about “Gremlins”:
1) It’s a Christmas movie!
2) The rules - “First of all, keep him out of the light, he hates bright light, especially sunlight, it'll kill him. Second, don't give him any water, not even to drink. But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never feed him after midnight.”
3) The practical effects used to create the utterly cute Gizmo and the absolutely disgusting gremlins.
4) The surprisingly nasty splatstick!
5) Tons of awesome gags and stunts.
6) The super stylish cinematography, with all kinds of colorful lighting.
7) The supporting performances by 80s stars (Phoebe Cates, Corey Feldman, Judge Reinhold).