Christmas movies watched in late November and December of 2018- sci-fi, schmaltz, and horror. Going to try and watch one a day from 12/1 to 12/25.
1) Doctor Who: Twice Upon A Time- well, they do squeeze in a Christmas reference at the end. Love David Bradley as the First Doc.
2) Maniac- heartwarming family classic. Joe Spinell would make a heck of a Santa Claus. "Christmas shopping, Mr. Zito?"
3) Christmas, Again (2014)- charming throwback movie about lonely Christmas tree salesman coping with holiday blues
4) Christmas Evil (1980)- Somebody turned "Taxi Driver" into a Christmas movie. Love it!
5) Krampus (2015)- this was a big hit but just okay for me. Not scary or funny. Just okay.
6) Christmas Chronicles (2018)- Kurt Russell playing Jack Burton playing Santa Claus. Better than it has any right to be.
7) Pottersville (2017)- Michael Shannon Christmas Bigfoot movie? Sure why not. Heartwarming in a weird sort of way. .