David Jenkins’s review published on Letterboxd:
10 reasons why Inglourious Basterds is glorious!
1. Christoph Waltz as Colonel Hans Lander is deserving of his Oscar and his performance is brilliant.
2. The tavern scene is quite simply mesmerising, Its one of my favourite scenes in any movie ever and its brilliant.
3. An exceptional international cast of Michael Fassbender, Melanie Laurent, Daniel Bruhl and Dianne Kruger and they are all brilliant.
4. The soundtrack is brilliant.
5. The theatre scene is highly entertaining and has one scene that will bring a smile to anyone's face. It's brilliant.
6. Tarantino's direction is of a high calibre yet again and as always his final product is brilliant.
7. The script is witty, thrilling, compelling and utterly brilliant.
8. The basterds themselves are in a reduced role but from The Bear Jew to Hugo Stiglitz they are brilliant.
9. The opening scene is the tensest I've ever been while watching someone drink a glass of milk and It's brilliant.
10. Brad Pitt's accent is.....well....it's interesting.
In short: Inglourious Basterds is a glorious masterpiece.