Danielle’s review published on Letterboxd:
I’ve already reviewed this twice so I’ll keep it short & sweet. I do think the pacing is too fast in the beginning, Feige & crew needed to bridge the gap better between WandaVision and MoM but I forgive it because of how many positives this film has.
Here’s a few:
- Elizabeth Olsen’s acting class she puts on
- Michael Waldron’s dialogue: “I do hope you understand that even now, what’s about to happen is me being reasonable.”
- Sam Raimi’s gift for horror; this is one of the most original films in the MCU
- Rotational camera shots
- A straight up impalement
- Deeper characterization for Stephen
- An emotionally impactful story
- One of the best villains the MCU has ever had
I’ve got more, but I’ll stop here.