Arninja’s review published on Letterboxd:
Middle earth, a place where apparently everything is bred for war
Without any doubt the worst part of the Hobbit trilogy. Still, it was an essential film that completes the saga (or is there coming more.........). This will be the movie that everyone will hate in the coming Hobbit/LOTR marathons.
What I didn't like about it:
- The first hour Tauriel was just lame
- Smaug way too easily
- There was too much drama (for my taste)
- Predictable, predictable, predictable (and I haven't read the book)
- Eagles save everyone over and over and over and over and over and over again. And stop telling me it makes sense, it DOES and I still don't like it
What I did like about it:
- Martin Freeman!
- Battles! Although they weren't as good as the LOTR ones.
- Earth Worms!
- Everybody dies! Well, almost..
- Lady Galadriel is displayed very powerful, and that I liked!
So still this film is a must see if you like the series, but it felt rushed...