Letterboxd is an independent service created by a small team, and we rely mostly on the support of our members to maintain our site and apps. Please consider upgrading to a Pro account—for less than a couple bucks a month, you’ll get cool additional features like all-time and annual stats pages (example), the ability to select (and filter by) your favorite streaming services, and no ads!
Pro membership (iOS)
In the spirit of encouraging payment in support of the online services we use and love, Letterboxd has a Pro subscription tier in addition to its free membership status (which will always remain available). Pro members get the benefit of several advanced features, including:
- Removal of third-party ads and associated tracking
- Personalized stats pages like these (for each year of activity logged, and for all-time)
- The option to set your favorite streaming services and filter by what’s available on any of those platforms in one go
- Email and/or push notifications when films in your watchlist arrive on one of your favorite services
- Filtering based on one or more lists of the films you own (physically or digitally)
- Filtering of your activity feed by activity type
- Creating clones of your own or others’ lists
- Changing your username (once every 90 days)
A Patron tier is also available. This represents the pinnacle of support: in addition to all the perks of Pro, we’ll list you on our Patrons page, your profile is adorned with the backdrop from your first favorite film (if available), your diary entries, reviews and lists also get backdrops, and you’re the first to learn about and test new features. Right now we’re beta-testing the ability for Patrons to add all visible films on a page to a specific list in one go (web only) and we have extra stats components including the list of all-time films you’ve rated higher (and lower) than the community average, and the highest-rated films for each year based on the members you follow.
Subscriptions are available via Apple’s in-app purchase mechanism on an annual subscription basis. Open the Subscription Settings screen from Settings on your profile to upgrade. (If you already have a subscription via our website, it covers you for all use of our service, so there is no need to subscribe in the app as well.)
Letterboxd is 100 percent funded by its founders, and we’d love your support to continue to build the best community of film lovers anywhere in the world. If you have any questions, please get in touch.